January Lemon + Thyme Chicken Traybake
In January we find ourselves thinking of ways we can eat a little better, spend a little less and beat those January blues.
In January we find ourselves thinking of ways we can eat a little better, spend a little less and beat those January blues. We love cooking up indulgent meals but the majority of the time, we’re thinking of ways we can feed our families nutritious dishes whilst ensuring they are cost effective and delicious.
This super simple recipe is the perfect winter dish to gather your family and friends at the table or simply cook for yourself and pop in your bag for tomorrow’s lunch.
Quantities and ingredients are easily changeable to suit your party appetite, tastes and the seasons. All of our chicken is locally produced and available in all of our stores: simply pop in and we’ll be more than happy to help!
We recommend serving this dish up with some fresh greens and a little butter (because it would be rude not to!).
January lemon + thyme Chicken traybake
8 boneless chicken thighs
Vine cherry tomatoes
12-16 new potatoes
a few sprigs of thyme
5 garlic cloves
Salt + Pepper
Serves: 4 (with a little left over)
- Set your oven to 180 °C and prepare a large roasting tray (big enough for everything to be on one layer) with a little oil.
- Prepare the potatoes by slicing them 3/4 of the way down (see image). Place them in the tray, along with the chicken and coat them with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the shallots and cut into quarters. Also peel the garlic cloves and half.
- Pop into the tray along with the rest and scatter the thyme.
- Quarter the lemon, squeeze a little all over the tray and place in with the rest.
- Put into the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Take out, give it a mix and add the vine cherry tomatoes.
- Put back into the oven for a further 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft and chicken is golden and cooked through.