Restaurants and keen cooks are starting to find out about this delicious cut. Also known as the butchers cut as us butchers used to keep it for ourselves, best served rare (medium rare at most).
- Willersley Court, Herefordshire
- 100% home grown feed
- Dry Aged
Pan fry, BBQ
- Remove from your fridge 30 mins before cooking.
- Place a heavy pan over a high heat to pan fry or pre heat your grill to a medium heat.
- Brush steak with rapeseed/ground nut/vegetable oil, these oils have a high “flash point” so are less likely to burn.
- Place in pan & turn after: Rare 2-3 mins: Medium Rare 3 – 4 mins. After turning your steak add a knob of butter and 2 cloves of garlic to the pan and baste your steak. Ensure you don’t overload pan.
- After turning place a knob of butter on each steak & cook for the same period.
- Remove from pan season well & rest on a warm plate for 5 – 10 mins.
- Make sure that you cut across the grain. Ideally do this with a sharp knife across the grain and then carefully layer onto the plate