Chateaubriand Fillet (trimmed)
£15.46 – £23.19
This is a small fillet joint cut from the rump/thick end of the fillet. Can be cut as fillet steaks or pan-fried, then oven roasted for a delicious fillet roast or cut as steaks.
- Willersley Court, Herefordshire
- 100% home grown feed
- Dry Aged
Pan to Oven Cook
- Remove from your fridge 30 mins before cooking.
- Place a heavy pan over a high heat to pan fry or pre heat your grill to a medium heat.
- Brush steak with rapeseed/ground nut/vegetable oil, these oils have a high “flash point” so are less likely to burn.
- Place in pan & seal each side (a deep brown). Add a knob of butter and 2 cloves of garlic to the pan and baste well.
- After turning place a knob of butter on each steak & cook for the same period.
- Remove from pan season well & rest on a warm plate for 5 mins.